*We need someone to compile all the research for Spring Break.
Jamie going over things:
- Spring Break plans? Keep in mind your role in organization: date, studio tours, sign up for who's going, places for people to stay, be inclusive.
- Faculty will not play a role in organizing the trip. Money handling will not happen through Lisa, as in years past. Then it becomes a non-school sponsored trip, making it easier to deal with.
- Jamie will be offering advise, just not on paper. Tyler may want to go on the trip, but not as an advisor.
- Upcoming events:
a) Design Week, encourage people to participate, carpool, play nice, advocate AIGA! Design Challenge, Reach Out and Read vote, Saul Bass lecture.
b) Portfolio Workshop - April 1&2 or 2&3. Chris is organizing it this year and will be getting back to us later, will be held on KCAI campus, this event fills up quick, last year it cost $15, cost may rise this year.
- Any more studio tours?
a)Whiskey (end of February)
c) maybe Bernstein and Rein, and VML
- Make sure people know about studio tours.
- Plan an outside of the box event, one that hasn't been done before.
a) design a KCAI bookstore t-shirt. t-shirt competition? working with Ed Rodriguez.
b) getting a lecture in, perhaps bringing in someone virtually - Skype. Sam Mak knows a Designer guy, talk to her? remember that Designers love students.
Patrick: Design Chat on every Wednesday at 8. Organize a bunch of people to just sit in and watch.
c) Designer interview chain, background about the members. It showcases our student body. Post it to Designalogue.
d) Blue Valley is interested in starting an AIGA chapter for their high school. Do something with them? Bring them in to the studio?
- Money: we have a little bit of funds. Use it, but propose it first - before you buy.
a) Is it benefiting the members?
b) Is it supporting AIGA's mission?
- Don't forget to ask AIGA for monies!
- AIGA Presidents have connections to all other AIGA Presidents.
- We still need the estimates for travel and hotel cost. Get together and provide one figure, planning for 3 nights, 4 days (Sun - Wed), for 20 people. Due next Friday to present to all members.
- Friday we'll vote on where we're going and decide.
- Post the estimates to the blog.
Patrick will try to organize lectures, online and off.
Mo will look into Blue Valley.
Johnna will talk to Ed.
Lance will develop the Design Interview Chain. Standardize questions.
- Facebook profile for KCAI AIGA? Abby will set it up.
Next Friday is meeting with everyone!