Austin Price: $122 per person, 3 cars there and back for 15 people
11.5 hour drive
Chicago Price: $117 per person, 5 cars there and back for 20 people
8 - 9 hour drive
A vote ensues... Chicago wins with 13 total votes
Keep an eye on email for sign-up for the trip.
First people with the money get to go.
Micah is working on a list of potential studios to tour.
Jamie says maintain variety. Jamie says contact recent alums.
Another mini-meeting to plan Spring Break will be coming up.
- Starts tonight, Abby is leaving around 5:30. It's at the Belger, in conjunction with First Friday
- Design Challenge on Monday, feat. Dimitri, Bethany, and Micah, winner revealed at 5 or 6 in the evening
- We'll start up a carpool for the events
NEW AIGA EVENTS
- Chain Interviews, to get to know everyone in the studio.
- Lance is still working on the interview process, but will launch soon.
- Will be posted to designalogue afterwards.
- Wednesday nights @ 8pm, famous contemp. designers are interviewed via Skype, broadcasted.
- We'll be trying to route the broadcast through a TV in studio.
- Taylor will be in charge of this event set-up.
- Patrick will still be in charge of promotion.
- We are working on getting a Design lecture in our building from a well known person.
- Johnny Cupcakes is a street brand designer. He is about branding and he would be interesting to bring in via Skype.
- We are working on a design competition for the next KCAI t-shirt.
- Behance Portfolio workshop to get us all set up.
- Group feedback on what to upload.
- Tackling the tedious process of upload.
- The first weekend of April is the Portfolio event with professionals. Only for Juniors and Seniors.
- Part social, part lectures, part portfolio review.
- started a Twitter: KCAI AIGA
- still working out solid dates.