Purpose of this meeting - a mutiny has happened.
Majority vote was for Chicago, Several others have career plans and Austin would be beneficial. Majority is changing to Austin.
Trip is now to Austin.
Has focus now turned to Job Hunting and not an AIGA Design trip?
Some of us have already made contact to studios in Chicago.
Mo said that the professionals she talked to all suggested Austin over Chicago. Austin is more Design active.
Sophs and Juniors can go next year to Chicago.
Democracy has been thrown out.
- We are a small AIGA group, we should have ONE trip. Individuals can go wherever they want.
- This is a learning opportunity - so don't be so quick to say that it's "unfair".
- WHO has "majority vote"? Seniors have the priority, because they are exiting.
- However, reasoning is selfish. It's about EVERYONE not just senior's job hunting. Should be inclusive.
- Perhaps a trend should start that Seniors decide location.
- Juniors and Sophs should still have say in where studio tours happen.
We need to reevaluate how many are going.
- Be mindful of how many people studios allow to tour.
That being said, Austin is now the official Spring Break location.
- Monday, another lunch meeting.
- Exact price for the trip.
- People going, think of some studios to go to.
- Wed. March 2nd is deadline for payments for going on the trip. (One week from now)
- Give money to Abby